Thursday, July 5, 2012

Starting To Exercise After Baby

I have been anxiously waiting to start to exercise and get my pre-baby body back ever since delivery.  I was previously under the impression that I couldn't even begin to exercise until I was 6 weeks post delivery, but apparently things have changed in the almost 4 years since my son was born.

Now it is said to be okay to begin to exercise almost immediately after the birth of your baby as long as you had an uncomplicated pregnancy and vaginal delivery.  I was thrilled to be told this.  My son turned 3 weeks old yesterday and I am ready to start my post baby workout routine.  I did wait until now because I still felt like my body was healing and wanted to listen to my body first.

I will be starting slowly and not jumping into any aggressive workouts.  I am starting with yoga and doing some squats and lunges and using light free weights.  I was told that vigorous exercise can cause a build up of lactic acid in your breast milk which makes your breast milk taste a bit sour.  However, that doesn't happen after a few months and your body only makes the milk a feeding times.  Since I am breastfeeding, I want to avoid my milk tasting sour.  =)

Any other mommas getting their workout on after baby?  What did you start with and where are you at on your progress?

Kristen
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment