Monday, July 9, 2012

Night Time Fussiness = Cluster Feedings?

Cluster feedings is when your baby wants to eat a lot in a short period of time.  I had never heard of this before.  I downloaded the Similac app for my phone and there was something written about babies who want to cluster feed may be fussy at night because they want to eat more before they go to sleep for a longer period of time.


So after reading that, I decided to give it a try.  Last night my son ate for 30 minutes with 30 minutes in between starting a 6 pm lasting until he went to sleep at 9:45 pm.  He slept for 4.5 hours and so did mommy!  And there was no crying or fussing for extended periods of time.  Talk about a stress relief for him!


I know it seems crazy to feed your baby that many times in such a short period of time.  At least, I thought it was, but it actually worked. He was not fussy last night and slept longer than he ever had at once.  


I will continue to feed him like this, basically on demand.  It is more difficult but after not sleeping much in the last 3.5 weeks, I'm willing do anything that helps.  


I will post an update on his eating, fussiness, and if his long periods of sleep continue. 


Did your baby have a need to cluster feed?


Kristen
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment