Monday, July 2, 2012

First Day At Home Alone

Today was my first day at home alone with my boys.  It was the never ending day.  I give so much credit to moms of twins, multiples, and moms of many.  My 3 1/2 year old was up by 6:15 and while that is pretty normal for him, my 3 week old is now sleeping longer at  night and woke up at 4:30 to eat.  He nurses for an hour now, so by the time I was going back to sleep my other munchkin was waking me up.

My husband is scheduled to deploy in August, so I really needed to jump back into things today.  I managed to get the dishwasher loaded and ran (didn't unload it thought), do two loads of laundry, bake cookies with my 3 year old, and then cleaned the kitchen and mopped the floor.  I'm feeling pretty accomplished today.

We all took a nap from 9 until 12 and that was honestly the best part of my day.  I am anxiously waiting for Wednesday, when my husband is off again, and the weekend can't come soon enough.  I know I have to get used to this fast because he will be gone and I will be on my own again before I know it. My husband did deploy when our first son was only a few weeks old, but having one is so much different.  Obviously it's way easier!

With day 1 down, I am already anticipating the craziness tomorrow will bring. But it really is all worth it when I look into the big beautiful eyes of both of my babies.

If anyone has any tips for a new mother of 2, I'm all ears  and I would greatly appreciate it!

Kristen
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment