Thursday, August 2, 2012

Sleep...

I'm starting to forget what it felt like. 

My son is 7 weeks old this week and has only slept through the night once.  He teased us last week by sleeping from 12 am to 6 am.  I got a taste of what sleep feels like and I actually had a dream that night.  Obviously I'm over tired most of the time. My almost 4 year old keeps me busy nonstop during the day and my little guy keeps me up all night.  I'm starting to look like I am all to ready for Halloween, like a walking zombie.  Ahh...the joys of motherhood.

He has not yet been diagnosed with Colic but he is presenting with all of the common symptoms.  The doctor wanted to wait until his 2 month checkup before making a diagnosis.  This has been very challenging and my hat is off to all moms who have or have had a baby with Collic.  I did just get a Moby wrap and he seems to like being carried in that.  So at least I am able to wear him to vacuum.  =)

I have been wanting to start the Insanity exercise program with my husband but I haven't had a free 30 minutes to devote to exercise.  But I have promised my self I will make time starting next week.  I may not jump into Insanity but I will at least be back on the treadmill.

I'm hoping that once school starts for my older son that I will have an easier time getting my youngster on a schedule and having more time to get my self back to normal.

I know this is only a season and this time will pass.  I would not give this time up with my boys for anything, regardless of my severe lack of sleep.  God grants me my daily strength so I can be the best mom I can be to my boys.


Until next time,

Kristen
xo




No comments:

Post a Comment