Wednesday, August 15, 2012

What's For Dinner?

Caprese Pasta



During my pregnancy I developed a love for tomatoes which I had never had before.  I made this countless times and could have eaten it for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.

I decided to make it again to see if I still loved it as much as I used to and oh boy do I.

It's super simple to make. Here's how I did it just in case you want to try it yourself.

  1. Cook half a box of whole wheat pasta in salted water.
  2. Quarter half of a container of grape or cherry tomatoes and cook them in the oven at 350 degrees until the edges get slightly brown.
  3. Cut half of a container of small balls of fresh mozzarella in half.
  4. Slice 3 large basil leaves into small pieces and add to about 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a serving bowl.  
  5. Add cheese, roasted tomatoes, and pasta to serving bowl and toss. 
=) It's a super easy fresh meal for Italian night.  This is enough to feed my husband, my 3 year old, and myself.

Buon Appetito!

Kristen
xo







No comments:

Post a Comment