Thursday, July 11, 2013

Pregnancy Week 29: 3 Hour Gestational Diabetes Testing and Thigh Cramps

Hey everyone!! I'm recapping week 29 today, as I am now 30 WEEKS PREGNANT!! 10 weeks left to go.  I still can't believe how close I am.  While 10 weeks is still ahead of me, I feel like my due date is right around the corner.  


Since we sold our house, I have no where to nest.  We can't move until we close but it's pointless to prepare for baby in this house.  I have slowly begun to get things for him together.  I will wash his clothes and things as we get closer to his arrival.  For now, I am concentrating on getting the things together that I will need for him in the first few weeks.  Over the next few weeks, I'll get my nursing essentials together and get ready to pack my hospital bag.  I tend to procrastinate but since there is so much confusion going one with moving and everything, I will probably be prepared way in advance.  

I went this week for my 3 hours Gestational Diabetes test.  That test was pretty bad.  The drink made me nauseas and I felt like I was going to puke for the entire 3 hours.  Thankfully, shortly after returning home from the appointment, my doctor called to let me know everything was normal. However, she did mention that I am now anemic, my iron levels are really low.  I am now having to see a nutritionalist and take iron 2x a day.   I'm building up to taking it 2x a day but so far I'm tolerating it.  Iron supplements have made me sick my entire life, so taking them while pregnant leaves a lot to be desired.  

I'm still 141 pounds so I haven't gained any weight this week.  I am actively exercising several times a week and walking at night.

I have a new symptom this week.  I have been having thigh cramps daily.  It has actually been hurting to walk up the stairs.  It's very strange.  My lower back was hurting this week again.  The braxton hicks contractions are getting more intense and are no longer going away after resting or laying down.


Symptoms:
Acid reflux
Shortness of breath
Restless legs
Thigh cramping
Braxton Hicks 

Cravings:
Ice (low iron, always does this to me)
Chocolate

Here is this weeks video:



Thank you so much for checking in with me this week!!

10 weeks left to go!

Kristen
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment